Friday, March 30, 2012

Touched by the Muse


Gefjon
I seem to have been touched by the Muse this week, having completed two essays this week (and having started a third), as well as making a start on a powerpoint presentation that I will be giving in August as well as undertaking some additional reading with respect to the upcoming workshop that I will be presenting on the Dark Goddess (in May).  All of this has been fitted around work and other "normalities" that occur in my life.

Anahita
Aside from my regular writing obligation for Insight magazine, one of my essays was definately been a spur of the moment decision,  having come across the call for submissions for an upcoming devotional anthology based around independent "virgin" Goddesses entitled "Unto Herself".  Such Goddesses who fall into this category include the better known Greek Goddesses of Artemis, Athena, and Hestia.  However there are a number of other Goddess who operated without a male consort.  Some of these are Anahita and Anat (Near Eastern), Gefjon and Skadhi (Norse), as well as the Morrighan (Irish).

As I already have a number of devotional titles produced by Bibliotheca Alexandrina, and riding the high of having two essays being accepted for forthcoming titles to be produced by Avalonia Books, I have decided to see if I can produce something suitable for Bibliotheca Alexandrina, with my chosen "virgin" Goddess being that of Neith.

Neith
As with all my writing in general, reseaching the subject matter is part of the journey that I thoroughly enjoy for you never know where you may end up, following up on difference references and suggestions that you come across.  And when the subject just happens to be a lesser known Deity, then there can be like a door to another world opening up.

I will be sending my submission off to Bibliotheca Alexandrina this weekend and whilst I would be delighted if it was accepted for it would be a wonderful conclusion to my own personal work with Neith, that actually commenced at the start of this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Dancing the Sacred Wheel" now available again

"Dancing the Sacred Wheel" now available again
The second edition of "Dancing the Sacred Wheel: A Journey through the Southern Sabbats" is now available through www.createspace.com or direct from the author (Australian customers only) for an autographed copy.

Great Goddess Isis

Great Goddess Isis

Exhortation of Isis

You are She in the dust of whose feet is the hosts of Heaven,
Whose body encircles the Universe,
Who turns the Earth in its orb,
Who gives light to the Sun,
Who rules the World.

You tread death underfoot.
To Thee, the stars are responsive,
To Thee the seasons turn and the Gods rejoice
And the elements are in subjugation.


You are She that is the natural Mother of all things,
Mistress and governor of all elements,
The initial progeny of worlds,
Chief of Divine powers,
Queen of Heaven,
Principle of all the Gods celestial and the light of Goddesses.

At Your will are disposed the planets of the air,
The wholesome winds of the seas
And the silences of the unseen world.